I made it safely home. Well, we all made it, all Indonesian NewCies. We also made it through customs check smoothly, and guess what? It was way way easier than how we think it would be, yay!!
These are things that happened to me the last few hours.
1. I felt awkward talking to the officer at the airport in Bahasa, asking "stroller barang bisa ngambil dimana pak?" (where could I get the stroller?). My ear will get an intensive training in Bahasa, definitely.
2. My brother said: "What's wrong? You are so thin and look darker." Lol, yes I am only 94 pounds now, and I know it makes me look so so tiny. Perhaps I was in love with spring-summer in Washington, thus I played a lot with the sunshine.
3. Jakarta is so damn hot even when it's 9 a.m. in the morning. Don't ask about the traffic, it's crazy as always.
4. I ate my first BAKSO at 3 p.m., but the taste was not as tasty as I expected.
5. My first 'real meat' experience was eating sate kambing Blora (satay) for dinner. It was super delicious! (y know, I didn't really eat meat back in the States).
6. I slept like CRAZY. I started sleeping at 1 p.m. (June 20, Indonesia time), woke up at 3 p.m. and ate bakso, went to sleep again and woke up at 6 p.m. I went out for dinner around 9.15 p.m., and slept again from 11 p.m. 'till 5 a.m. in the morning. (by the way, I am feeling sleepy again, LOL). I am not addicted to sleeping, that's why I think I've just made another record.
7. I miss my sweet room at Seeley Lake.
See y’all later!